Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Prediction

I don't want this to sound like fear mongering, but this thought occured to me...

Miku Hatsune.

CREEPY.

lets take a step back for just a second to explain.
japanese people can become OBSESSED with a character, for the character has on the surface as much depth to personality as you or I, because they are voiced by someone real.
makes sense, if you think about it... your hero can be Luke Skywalker, though he is fiction, you like his efforts to help the rebellion, you know he's a good guy.

but he doesn't actually exist.

and this brings me to my point:
miku hatsune is smegging freaky, if you add just a bit more

miku chan, for those who don't know, is a program. she is a program to simulate speech that is all computer made,(not using voice samples).
the images are made on a computer, the images that represent her.

...if you add a reactionary personality,
she's as real as a person, on the surface.

So, my freaked out prediction?
we shall make sufficiently advanced reactionary AI to interact with her voice, add a prog that simulates her face and emotional reactions, (she can already alter pitch accordingly)
...see? I already did it. "she..."

and Miku chan is as good as a person for a while.

I can see her becoming some sort of online friend type thing, and becoming RIDICULOUSLY popular.

I am vaguely hoping this happens, beacuse of the social study you could do...
but when that happens, what next?
____________________
added later:
proofs.
this first is funny, kinda cute.
second is impresive, and furthers my point
this third is proof of my point, but 18+
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lIcx3Cde2I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOEqoZ22u0o&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKzhOoCrb50&feature=related

fear? good? bad? I'm not one to judge.
what makes me REALLY curious is when we can make robots that look like her, and don't have jerky movements.
then...
Blade Runner much?

No comments: